Can maternity capital be used to buy a car?
Maternal capital is a state plan that allows a family of two or more children to receive support from the state secured by a certificate of purchase:
– Housing or repair;
– repayment of mortgage debt;
– for education for children.
By law, the areas of material state support to families are strictly limited. Money is not given out by “cash”, so that they were not spent for purpose. Of course, not all parents consider such a system to be acceptable – some would be pleased to buy a car for this money.
But given that the introduction of housing programs has sharply reduced the number of people in need of urgent purchase of an apartment or home, and before education is still enough time, many families are dissatisfied with the limited program. They would have liked to be more free to dispose of material help.
According to PF statistics, about half of the families who received MK did not spend money for their intended purpose.
The statistics also show that many families are experiencing monetary problems, but they can not solve the difficulties with the help of the capital’s money.
Conditions for amending the law
In 2009, an amendment to the bill to buy a car was adopted, but not for long. It is possible to understand such a decision, because the TC would allow families to satisfy a bunch of needs. The state, in this case, would have done a good job with the domestic automotive industry. A car in the family can become not only a means of transportation, but also a great opportunity to earn or open your business. Yes, and the sum of maternal capital itself is already close to the cost of a domestic car.
After a few months, the amendment to the law was withdrawn because it was taken without the knowledge of the GD. Some “servants of the people” believed that the purchase of cars on the MK – a manifestation of indifference to children. In short, the innovation was canceled.
Arguments in favor of buying a car:
– the price for a Russian car is practically equal to the size of the capital stock;
– Many families today do not need maternity capital for housing or training; they would prefer a car;
– the limited possibility of spending maternal capital is less stimulated by fertility;
– Having a car would make life easier for the family.
All of this suggests that for many families, buying a car will greatly improve life. Citizens of Russia believe that the deputies are in violation of the interests of children – they are mistaken. And that’s right – “fed up with the hungry will never understand”.
The arguments against buying a car on MK:
– “capital significance” of the TC is not comparable with housing and opening opportunities for a child after education;
– the need to improve housing conditions will grow from year to year;
– the family can legally cash in maternity capital, selling a car.